The Transitional Leader (TL) Designation program equips and supports both transitional leaders and their sponsoring agencies. Transitional leaders receive training and support for ongoing development and ministry effectiveness. Denominational leaders and other sponsors receive support and resources to find, train and designate transitional leaders for the harvest field.
• Provides training, coaching, and support for transitional leaders
• Creates a stronger talent pool for transitional ministry positions
• Legitimizes transitional ministry as a critical field of practice
• Structured support and professional development
• Clearer standards for transitional ministry work
• Improved employment opportunities
• Greater confidence in hiring transitional leaders
• Healthier and smoother pastoral transitions
The denomination will maintain full authority over credentialing. They will be responsible for granting the actual designation to the transitional leader. If not outsourcing some support services to TLN, the denomination may also carry out their own application process and/or offer coaching for their designated transitional leaders.
TLN will continue to provide training, resources, and support for transitional leaders and denominational leaders. TLN may assist denominations with processing designation applications, as well as providing coaching to transitional leaders.
The transitional leader will participate in the full application process. Once designated, they will attend coaching sessions to receive ongoing support and develop their competencies in transitional ministry.
Are you curious how to implement a transitional leader designation program into your denomination? Or are you an active transitional leader looking to get designated? We would be happy to direct you with next steps.